Welcome to the Carer Friendly training modules for local councils
This series of modules provides general information on how to recognise carers, understand their particular needs and challenges and how to best support carers who request advice or support.
The modules outline council legal obligations, describe the caring role and show practical ways councils can contribute to the wellbeing of carers in your municipality.
By undertaking these modules learn how to:
- Identify community members who are carers and learn about being a carer
- Provide a supportive response to carers contacting council seeking assistance
- Be aware of where to direct carers for help in various situations
- Consider additional community resources available to carers to support wellbeing
- Learn how to support carer colleagues
The companion resource Victorian Local Government Supporting Carers Resource Guide, developed by Muncipal Association of Victoria, provides further in-depth detail on ways councils can support carers, council responsibilties to carers and council case studies of programs for carers.
Carers Victoria acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.